The Schizophrenia Society of Saskatchewan (SSS) is a non-profit organization founded in 1982 by families and friends of people with schizophrenia.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for those affected by schizophrenia, psychosis and related mental illness through education and support programs, and through pursuit of supportive public policy and research.
- Providing easily understood information on schizophrenia in an accepting and understanding atmosphere that equips the concerned family with workable options to address the presenting crisis in a more informed, timely, and effective manner;
- Placing a more accurate face on schizophrenia and reduce the stigma through sensitive and creative public education and awareness initiatives that are aimed at the information needs of children, youth, and adults alike;
- Stressing early intervention with the most effective medications and treatments available;
- Speaking on behalf of families when they are unable to do so for themselves;
- Supporting research to identify the precise causes and find a cure for schizophrenia;
- Raising funds to finance these activities;
- Working in partnership with other agencies, groups, departments of government, and the Schizophrenia Society of Canada and its provincial partners to achieve these goals.
Our charity registration number is 894249861RR0001.
Click here to view our Board of Directors.
Click here to view our Annual General Meeting Reports.
Click here to view our Current staff.
Click here to view our Latest Newsletter