Your Recovery Journey with WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) is a course based on the premise that there is hope, that people with mental illness can get well and stay well for long periods of time, doing the things they want to do with their lives.
It is a 5-session course led by people with the lived experience of mental illness. The overall goal of the program is to increase participants' ability to meet their personal recovery goals by enhancing their self-determination and quality of life. The following topics will be covered:
- Exploring the many aspects of recovery
- Exploring the role of personal goals in the recovery journey
- Knowledge and tools needed to be active participants in managing your illness and recovery
- Modeling hope and recovery by using a peer-support approach
- Reflecting on and planning for the recovery journey
- Exploring wellness tools, triggers, early warning signs and developing a crisis plan.
Your Recovery Journey is important for several reasons. It builds on the well-established literature and evidence base for recovery from mental illness. It also contributes to the growing number of programs that focus on empowering people to manage their own treatment and recovery journey.
The next course dates are: January 16th - February 13th. 6:30-9:00pm on Zoom.