Our Meet the Resident Psychiatrist program offers a unique opportunity to speak with a psychiatry student in their final years of study. You can ask questions like, What can a psychiatrist do? What can I do as a family member? and much more.
Meet Dr. Kerstina Boctor
Every Monday from 9AM to 10AM or 10AM to 11AM.
Over the phone (During Covid)
Clients, Volunteers, Family Members, Staff, and any other interested persons.
Illness, Medication, Support, Education, Guidance.
*Dr. Ragulan does not prescribe medication*
Contact us to book your appointment now.
Questions to ask a Psychiatrist
Seeing a psychiatrist for the first time can sometimes leave us at a loss for words. Here are just a few questions you may want to ask your psychiatrist or even our resident psychiatrist
- How should we contact you?
- How will maintaining regular contact with you affect the progress of our family members?
- What should we do if we notice problems such as relapse or side effects?
- What is the diagnosis or What is the prognosis?
- If you are unable to diagnose, why?
- What are the symptoms of this particular illness?
- What symptoms indicate a relapse?
- What medication is being prescribed? Why? What are the possible side effects?
- What other treatments are you recommending in addition to the medication? Will you help us access those treatments?
- How frequently will you and/or the case manager see our family members?
- How frequently will you and/or the case manager see the family?
- What is your view of family involvement in treatment?
- What do you recommend in terms of coping with the following problems? (Make a list.)