Our Meet the Resident Psychiatrist program offers a unique opportunity to speak with a psychiatry student in their final years of study. You can ask questions like, What can a psychiatrist do? What can I do as a family member? and much more.
Our Resident Psychiatrist for the spring is Dr. Armin Morandi
Dr. Morandi is available for inperson or telephone appointments on select Monday mornings.
*The Resident Psychiatrist does not prescribe medication*
Contact us for more information or to book your appointment.
Phone: (306) 584-2620 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions to ask a Psychiatrist
Seeing a psychiatrist for the first time can sometimes leave us at a loss for words. Here are just a few questions you may want to ask your psychiatrist or even our resident psychiatrist
- How should we contact you?
- How will maintaining regular contact with you affect the progress of our family members?
- What should we do if we notice problems such as relapse or side effects?
- What is the diagnosis or What is the prognosis?
- If you are unable to diagnose, why?
- What are the symptoms of this particular illness?
- What symptoms indicate a relapse?
- What medication is being prescribed? Why? What are the possible side effects?
- What other treatments are you recommending in addition to the medication? Will you help us access those treatments?
- How frequently will you and/or the case manager see our family members?
- How frequently will you and/or the case manager see the family?
- What is your view of family involvement in treatment?
- What do you recommend in terms of coping with the following problems? (Make a list.)